- a heavy iron block with a smooth face, frequently of steel, on which metals, usually heated until soft, are hammered into desired shapes.
- the fixed jaw in certain measuring instruments.
- the basis of all modern technology, a thing so sublime in its conception that in thousands of years it has not changed in any significant way.
- the focus of a strange fascination for Jason Landry, a Dallas, Texas-based graphic designer and artist specializing in web design, interactive design, as well as traditional marketing and advertising collateral.
- a weapon in the hands of a Looney Tune.